Boom and just like that the Letham Community Fridge4All is one year old !
Letham4All would like to thank all its staff and volunteers for delivering this successful project. When this project started this time last year, little did we know what was ahead of us all. The work our staff and volunteers do is amazing. Much of this work is unseen – volunteers work late into the evening, 7 nights a week, collecting food from all over Perth and delivering it to the Letham Community Hub. They carry out stock rotation , make up food parcels, make sure the cleaning is done , fill the shelves and serve the community, 7 days a week. They are all stars and it just wouldn’t happen without them.
Not only has the Letham Community Fridge4All Project remained open throughout the pandemic, we have also supported other communities to help reduce food waste and distributed literally tons of suplus food through out Perth City and wider aflield. Here are some of our Letham Community Fridge4All stats over 12 months:
- There are 243 Letham Community Fridge4All Members
- We have redistributed food that equates to over 30,000 meals
- We have have contributed to saving 43.2 tonnes of CO2
- The surplus food we have received from our Perth City Co-op stores equates to a value of over £82,000
- The Letham Community Fridge4all Project has been accessed over 9,000 times by walk in members
- The Letham Community Fridge4All Project has delivered over 2000 food parcels, from referrals from over 25 agencies
Unfortuately we can’t have a birthday party yet – there is a good day coming soon, we hope !